I guess the only logical way this would ever happen is in my own delusional little dreamworld.
I just really wanted to draw something showing the seldom-seen tender, loving side of Bob, and I substituted Maggie for his son Gino for numerous reasons.
1. We're all far more familiar with Maggie than Gino, and can therefore relate to her presence better.
2. I was never happy with the fact that Bob got married and had a kid. Dunno why.
3. Nothing against Gino, but he just doesn't capture my heart the way Maggie always has.
4. I think there's something more touching about a man showing affection for a child, especially one that's not his own.
5. I just like Maggie better!!!